Date of Post : 03 July, 2017
Mumbai: Central Railway has started digital transaction facility at 15 stations in 5 divisions, a senior official said.
Central Railway has enabled 100% digital transactions at 15 nominated stations in all the 5 divisions including Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus & Thane station in Mumbai division – Miraj, Pune & Shri Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Terminus (Kolhapur) on Pune division.
- Sunil Udasi, Chief PRO of the Central Railway said,”Solapur, Kopargaon and Sainagar Shirdi on Solapur division, Bhusaval, Amravati and Nasik Road on Bhusaval division and Nagpur, Ballarshah and Wardha on Nagpur division.”
- All Passenger Reservation Systems (PRS), Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS), luggage, parcel, goods shed counters & departmental catering units in the above stations have been provided with PoS (Point of Sales) machines to enable digital transactions, he said.
- Udasi said, Beside, private contractors have been instructed to avail facilities like Paytm to enable digital transactions.
- Railways has tied up with the State Bank of India (SBI) for this exercise, which has also stepped up its efforts in installing the PoS machines.
- Udasi said, Sainagar Shirdi station of Solapur division has the distinction of being the first station on Central Railway to enable 100% cashless transaction.
- He added, this facility will also be extended to other stations very soon.
- Ministry has decided to install 10,000 POS machines in association with SBI at various locations of Railways ie PRS locations, UTS locations, parcel or goods locations, to promote cashless transaction on Indian Railways.