Date Of Post : 19 Feb, 2018
Mumbai: The Central Railway, on Sunday, launched 9 girders for the new 16-metre wide FoB (Foot-over Bridge) at Parel station. Sunil Udasi, CPRO, Central Railway, said,“The Parel power and traffic block for girder installation was completed successfully and normal services on Up and Down fast line started at 3.23 pm, well before the schedule time of the block, which was supposed to be till 4.30 pm. The construction organisation of CR did an excellent work.”
- 9 girders of 16 meter length each launched at Parel for FOB with the help of One 250 T crane, One 200 T crane (spare), Two 25 T cranes by 125 workers.
- The girders were laid to the eastern end of the Parel station between platform number 3 & 4.
- The fast line services were diverted to Up slow lines between Matunga & Byculla stations during the block, according to Central Railway.
- Earlier, this month, the army completed the work of 12-metre wide FOB at Elphinstone Road station.
- The new FOB is 240-feet long and 12-metre wide
Image Credit: Central Railway