Date of Post: Nov 03, 2018
The Central Railways will press into service the first Utkrisht rake of Pragati Express, running between Pune and Mumbai with upgraded features, from November 4, 2018. The Central Railway Board has approved a project of upgrading existing rakes covers, upgradation of toilets, vinyl wrapping in interiors, upgraded interior amenities and fresh PU paint of each coach.
- The Pragati Express 12125/26, rake has been refurbished with many new features as follows-
- ceramically tiled washrooms for better cleanliness
- upgraded toilet amenities
- and custom designed window ventilators in washrooms for air circulation
- Led lights
- new fans in all coaches
- passenger info system in AC coaches are some of the other upgraded amenities
- the Central Railways said in an official statement, “Each coach has a different, pleasing interior with color coordinated vinyl film wall patterns and interior paint.”
- It added, the Central Railways has 5 trains (10 rakes) identified for upgradation under the Utkrisht project.
- Upgradation of each rake is expected to cost about Rs.60 lakh.
- The Railways has also designed and displayed a special Utkrisht logo on each coach of the upgraded Pragati Express.
- Pragati Express was introduced on December 27, 1991 and from July 7, 2012, it was diverted via Karjat-Panvel-Diva on a trial basis, and from July 31 the same year, the diversion was made permanent.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information