Date of Post: 04 Sep, 2017
Mumbai: On the Konkan route of Central Railway the railway authorities are planning to attach glass-panelled coaches to trains on those routes. On Sunday, one such ‘vistadome coach’ arrived at the Wadi Bunder yard in Mumbai.
Most of the compartment is made of glass even parts of the roof it will have comfortable push-back seats, auto sliding doors & LED lights.
- Sunil Udasi, Chief Public Relations Officer (CPRO), Central Railway said,“The Mumbai division is blessed with stunning views along the Konkan route. Attached to trains, these coaches will run on specific routes, which are yet to be finalised.”
- The new coaches have been indigenously produced at the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
- Udasi said,“These air-conditioned coaches having large glass windows will also have an observation lounge from where tourists can get a panoramic view of the landmarks that fall on the way.”
- For a better viewing experience, the coaches will have glass roofs.
- A Central Railway official said,“The passengers will be able to enjoy the scenery of the ghats from their rotatable, push-back chairs.”