Date of Post: 03 Nov, 2017
Meerut: The Uttar Pradesh government will give state the country’s first RRTS (Rapid Rail Transport System) project. The high-speed rail transport system was approved by the Centre recently after UP government communicated its approval to the DPR (Detailed Project Report) & the proposed Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS project to NCRTC (National Capital Region Transport Corporation).
About The RRTS Project:
- Sources said, the central government has approved the DPR for the project.
- The estimated cost of the project is around Rs 33,000 crore (approx US$ 5,108 Million).
- The high-speed rail will cover the distance from Meerut to New Delhi in around 30 minutes.
- An official said, it will run on an average speed of around 100 kph and have a maximum speed of 160kph.
- The 92km long high speed rail line would be separate from the Metro rail line.
- It is expected to be completed by 2024.