Date of Post: 01 Sept, 2017
Patna. The central government has asked the Metro rail authorities to make a new proposal for Metro rail project in Patna. A letter has been sent to the Bihar Chief Secretary about this.
State CM Nitish Kumar told the officers in the review meeting of the city development department on Thursday that they should send a fresh proposal in line with the demand of the central government. The new Detailed Project Report (DPR) will be created, Rites will change the DPR of Metro rail.
- The metro area development & city mobility plan will also be near the center.
- Regarding the new proposal of the Metro, the CM handed over the proposal to the city development department officials with new changes.
- Regarding the change in DPR, Principal Secretary, Municipal Development Department, Chaitanya Prasad has spoken to the Rites officials.
The changes in DPR will be
- New organization will be formed this year with integrated urban transport.
- There will be a separate plan for the development of the areas from where the metro will be connected.
- The Center has asked for City Mobility Plan.
- The Union Urban Development Ministry sent a letter to the Chief Secretary Anjani Kumar Singh on Wednesday.
- The Center has changed the rules for new Metro projects, it said.
- So, according to the DPR of Patna metro, the proposal will have to be changed.
- To complete the project, metro have to work on three models- 1. PPP, 2. The state itself spent the expenditure, 3. The spending center & the state get together.
- Bihar will adopt the third model, the Chief Secretary said.
- For this, the chairman of the company will be the chairman while the MD will be of the state.
- Rites Ltd. has estimated an expenditure of Rs 14,000 crore (approx US$ 2,188 Million) for working on a 32km long project in 2 routes in the existing DPR of the Metro.
- The report estimates the estimated number of passengers, routes, stations, depots, electricity, environment, social & financial impact.