Date Of Post : 22 Jan, 2018
Mumbai: More CCTV cameras will be installed in trains and at stations across the country, Union railway minister Piyush Goyal said on Sunday. The government aims to make stations completely safe by 2022, Goyal said during his visit to Matunga railway station on Sunday.
- Goyal, citing an example of Bangalore station where a human trafficking bid was foiled with the help of CCTV cameras, said similar surveillance will be spread across the country.
- He lauded railway staff & security personnel at Matunga station for keeping it safe.
- The Matunga suburban station on the Central Railway (CR) has found its way into the Limca Book of Records for having an all-woman staff.
- The station is being manned exclusively by women staffers since July 2017, a first on the Indian Railways.
- A team of 41 women staffers at the station includes personnel from the RPF, commercial and operating departments.