Date Of Post: 17 May, 2018
New Delhi: The Cabinet approved extension of metro rail network from Noida City Centre to Sector-62, which borders Ghaziabad in UP, with an investment of Rs 1,967 crore, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said. The new line will be extension of the Dwarka-Noida City Centre line of Delhi Metro and is proposed to have 6 stations.
- The total stretch for the extension is 6.675 kms long and it will provide transport facilities to a large number of people living in Noida, besides catering to residents of close-by areas of Ghaziabad, Prasad said.
- Noida is expanding in terms of commerce & educational facilities and the extended line will help in greater mobility of people, the minister said.
- Prasad said,”Under Delhi Metro corridor, metro line will be extended from Noida City Centre to Sector 62, Noida… Rs 1,967 crore would be spent on the expansion.”
- The Centre’s liability will be to tune of Rs 340.60 crore on account of grant and subordinate debt for the project, an official release said.
- Project will be implemented by DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd ), the existing Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) of the Centre and Delhi governments.
- The release said,”About 81 per cent progress of civil work and 55 per cent of overall financial progress of the project have been achieved.”