Date of Post: 28 June, 2018
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)between India and Indonesia on Technical Cooperation in the field of railways sector.The MoU was signed on 29th May, 2018.
The MoU will provide a framework of cooperation for focused approach in following key areas:-
- Exchange of knowledge, technology, institutional cooperation including capacity building;
- Modernization of rolling stock, as well as of signaling and communication systems in railways;
- Modernization of railway operation, management and regulations;
- Development of inter-modal transport, logistics parks and freight terminals;
- Exchanges of construction and maintenance technologies for fixed infrastructure, including tracks, bridges, tunnel, overhead electrification and power supply systems;
- Other areas of cooperation that may be jointly decided upon by both the Sides.
Ministry of Railways have signed MoUs for technical cooperation in the Rail sector with various foreign Governments and National Railways. The identified areas of cooperation include high speed corridors, speed raising of existing routes, development of world class stations, heavy haul operations and modernization of rail infrastructure etc. The cooperation is achieved through exchange of information on developments in areas of railways technology & operations, knowledge sharing, technical visits, training & seminars and workshops in areas of mutual interest.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information