Date of Post: 17 May, 2018
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday was apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Indian Railways (IR) and SNCF Mobilites (a company owned by France) on technical cooperation in the field of railways. The MoU was signed on March 10 during French President Emmanuel Macron’s visit to India.
- It provide a platform for the Indian Railways to interact and share the latest developments & knowledge in the railway sector.
- The MoU facilitates the exchange of technical experts, reports & technical documents, training & seminars and workshops focusing on specific technology areas and other interactions for knowledge sharing.
- It will also provide a framework of cooperation for a focused approach in following key area-
- High speed & semi-high speed rail
- Station renovation and operations
- Modernisation of current operations & infrastructure
- Suburban trains
- The Ministry of Railways has signed MoUs for technical cooperation in the railway sector with various foreign governments & national railways corporations.
- The identified areas of cooperation among others include-
- High-speed corridors
- Speed raising of existing routes
- Development of world-class stations
- Heavy haul operations and modernisation of rail infrastructure
- The cooperation will be achieved through the exchange of information on developments in the areas of railways technology & operations, knowledge sharing, technical visits, training & seminars and workshops in the areas of mutual interest.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .