Date of Post: 10 Sep, 2018
New Delhi: The NHSRCL (National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd.) has decided to construct a service road along the 508-km high-speed rail corridor, which could prove to be a lifeline for people in remote areas of Maharashtra and Gujarat. The 4-metre service road will run throughout the alignment between Mumbai and Ahmedabad, excepting a few stretches with difficult terrain.
- An official of NHSRCL said,”The road would aid in supply of raw materials and provide logistical support to engineers and workers for construction of the corridor, the alignment of which passes through remote and inaccessible areas. Eventually, it will be transformed into an all-weather motorable road.”
- He said, once the project is over, the service road will not only be used by engineers to carry out periodic inspection of the alignment but could also be used by the general public.
- The road could also act as a green corridor, transporting villagers in ambulances to big cities like Mumbai in no time, which was unthinkable till now, Dhananjay Kumar Spokesperson of NHSRCL said.
- The high-speed corridor will have 12 stations, running 156 km in Maharashtra, 348 km in Gujarat and 4.3 km in the union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- The Palghar district in Maharashtra, could stand to benefit majorly from the project as well as the service road.
- In Vadodara, the NHSRCL is also coming up with a satellite station on the city outskirts, an offshoot of the project.
- The station will come up as the corporation will dismantle platform 7 of the main Vadodara station to enable construction of the high speed corridor.
- The new Chhayapuri station will handle those trains which use platform 7 for reversal, NHSRCL chief project manager (Vadodara) Pradeep Ahirkar said.
- Most of these trains originate from Ahmedabad and are bound for northern states including Delhi.
To know more about recent developments of High Speed Rail-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .