Date Of Post: 27 Mar, 2018
India’s First Bullet Train Project : Mumbai – Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project is progressing at a fast speed . The project was launched last year and is expected to be completed by 2022 .
Further Information :
- Work is on in full swing with the designing of bridges and tunnels progressing well .
- The process has also been initiated to acquire land for the project .
- The works of surveying the route and soil testing are underway .
Further updates by Shri Achal Khare, managing director of the National High Speed Rail Corporation (NHSRC), which is implementing the project :
- “Our route passes through 108 villages of Maharashtra. A majority of these villages fall in Palghar district. We have issued a notice to acquire land in 17 villages and informed the land owners about it,” Khare said.
- Those who give their land will be compensated over and above the current prevailing market rates. Those who do not turn up, their lands will be acquired under section 19 of the Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act 2013, he said.
- The NHSRC has earmarked Rs 10,000 crore for the purpose, he mentioned.
- The entire project will be fire and earthquake resistant. Seismometers (a ground motion detection centre) will be installed in the earthquake susceptible areas while the wind monitor systems will also be put up, he said.
- The 10-car train will have a business class and nine cars of the standard class.
- “After 2033, the trains will have 16 cars,” Khare told reporters invited to Shimla by the Railway Board for a workshop to familiarise them with various rail projects.
Image Credit: Cheng-en Cheng | Flickr