Date Of Post: 14 Apr, 2018
Patna: The proposed bullet train between Mumbai & Ahmedabad will be made fully operational by 2023, Railway Board Chairman Ashwani Lohani said. He said, some sections of the high speed, 500-km route will, however, become operational in 2022 itself. Lohani said,”Bullet train between Ahmedabad and Mumbai will be made fully operational by 2023, while it will be made operational on some sections in 2022. We are moving ahead as per our plan on the project.”
- He said, the Railways will be using the latest technology for the project.
- Lohani, who was accompanied by East Central Railway (ECR) General Manager L C Trivedi and other senior officials, is in Patna to take part in the 63rd Regional Railway Week.
- In September 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe launched the ambitious project entailing a total cost of around Rs 1.10 lakh crore.
- Japan is extending a loan of Rs 88,000 crore for the project at a minimal interest of 0.1%.
- The country’s first bullet train will run at a maximum speed of 350 kmph, covering the stretch in under 3 hours from the usual 7.
- The train will halt at 12 stations, out of which 4 will be in Maharashtra.
- He said,”We have got the Japanese technology on which bullet train is being run since 1965 in Japan and no accidents have taken place since then.
Image Credit: Sukhoi37 – Wikimedia Commons