Date Of Post: 19 Mar, 2018
Lucknow: The budget allotted for railways in Uttar Pradesh had been increased from Rs 1,100 crore last year to Rs 3,600 crore this year, Union minister Piyush Goyal said.
Goyal also announced several projects including-
- Re-development of Charbagh railway station, Lucknow Junction and Gomti Nagar stations
- Over bridge at Malhaur (in Lucknow)
- Development of passenger amenities at Alamnagar station
- Goyal said,”The budget outlay for Uttar Pradesh has been increased to Rs 3,600 crore as against Rs 1,100 crores in the previous year.”
- The total budget for the projects announced today alone will be Rs 3,600 crores, he added.
- Railways are working relentlessly on speed, safety, security & passenger amenities being provided over all the stations across the length and breadth of the country, Goyal said.
- The Northern Railway in a statement said that as a major step towards strengthening the rail infrastructure and for betterment of passenger services, it is providing upgraded facilities especially focusing on the state capital and its neighbouring areas.
The facilities that are being offered are:
- 2 escalators and a lift at Lucknow Station (NR)
- 3 lifts at Platform number 1, 2/3 & 4/5 at Lucknow Junction (North- Eastern Railway)
- over-bridge at Lucknow Jn.(NER)
- Foot-over bridge at Utraitia
- Electronic interlocking at Ajgain, Amausi & Harauni stations
- Renovated circulating area and new station building of station entry at Aishbagh station
- Dedication of heritage steam locomotive stabled at Lucknow station (NR)