Date of Post: 4 Feb, 2019
Mumbai: The budget has made a provision of Rs 584 crore for various phases of the Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP). R S Khurana, Chairman and Managing Director MRVC said,”We have got Rs 584 crore to execute projects under the MUTP phase 2, phase 3 and phase 3A. The same amount will be contributed by the state government, which means we will be getting Rs 1,168 crore. This much funds are quite adequate for us.”
Major projects under the MUTP-3A include:
- Fast elevated corridor between CSMT Mumbai-Panvel
- A new suburban corridor between Panvel-Virar
- Extension of the Harbour Line from Goregaon to Borivali
- Construction of 5th and 6th line between Borivali and Virar
- 4th line between Kalyan-Asangaon
- 3rd and 4th line between Kalyan and Badlapur
- Rs 50 crore have been allocated for MUTP 3A, which means the state government will also provide Rs 50 crore, and a total of Rs 100 crore will be available, Khurana said.
- He said,”All these projects of MUTP-3A are under final consideration for sanction. As soon we get sanction, the work will start.”
- The interim budget presented by finance minister Piyush Goyal has allotted Rs 7,672 crore for the Central Railway in total, of which Rs 744 crore are for various transport projects.
- It will cover the Belapur-Seawood-Uran railway line project in the Mumbai region.
- For the Western Railway, the budget has proposed allocation of Rs 6,128 crore to execute various existing projects.
- For Mumbai, these projects include construction of a second terminal at suburban Jogeshwari, bringing in 15-car local rakes and improvement in passenger amenities.
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )