Date of Post: 5 Feb, 2019
New Delhi: Government has allocated Rs 1000 crore to country’s first Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) in the Interim Budget 2019-20. The 82 km long Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor will be the first in the country to get the connectivity of RRTS.
- The 82 km long corridor will be immensely beneficial in curbing pollution in the region.
- The RRTS network would offer world class commuter transit services which would be safe and reduce commuter journey times in the region with high speed (160 km) and high frequency (5 to 10 mins) operations.
- The high-speed trains will cover the distance between Meerut and New Delhi in less than 60 minutes.
- The trains will be full equipped with air-conditions with transverse seating and overhead luggage space for commuter comfort, according to the officials.
- Further, it will also have a special business coach like the facilities in airplanes.
- Out of the 8 identified corridors, three corridors — Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut, Delhi-Gurugram-Alwar and Delhi-Sonipat-Panipat — will be implemented in first Phase.
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )