Date Of Post: 31 Jan, 2018
Hyderabad: The Telangana government has urged the Centre to allocate funds in the Union Budget for setting up a tribal university, a rail coach factory at Kazipet and a steel unit, among other projects, in the state. state Finance Minister E Rajender said, the funds for the varsity, the 2 factories and an AIIMS-like institution have been sought as per the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act.
The state has also sought funds from the Centre for its flagship programmes, including-
- Mission Bhagiratha (scheme to provide safe drinking water to every household)
- Mission Kakatiya (rejuvenation of tanks)
- The Kaleswaram irrigation project
- He said, the NITI Aayog has also recommended providing funds to the state government towards Mission Bhagiratha & Mission Kakatiya.
- Rajender said,”We hope that (they) will respond at least this year.”
- He said, the state has performed well on various parameters, including GSDP, state owned tax revenues & per capita income, often faring better than national averages.
- He said,”Per capita income also, the states per capita income is higher by about Rs 52,000 than the country’s per capita income.”
Image Credit: Rail Coach Factory Kapurthala