Date of Post: 14 Dec, 2017
Mumbai: A brand new Anubhuti luxury coach with “aircraft-like facilities” like cushy interior, will be soon inducted into Mumbai-Ahmedabad Shatabdi Express. The 56-seat air-conditioned chair car has been built by the ICF (Integral Coach Factory) at a cost of Rs 2.84 crore.
Image Credit: PC Twitter
- Currently, the coach, in the Mumbai Central yard of Western Railway (WR), is likely to be added to Shatabdi train from the beginning of the next year.
- WR Chief PRO Ravinder Bhakar said,”Anubhuti coaches with aircraft-like facilities will be inducted into our services very soon, may be from the beginning of New Year as and when the Railway Board takes the final decision on the fare structure.”
- They would soon receive a second coach from Anubhuti range, he said.
- Bhakar said,”We have received first such coach and we would get the second one very soon. These coaches are equipped with all sorts of comfort facilities and promise to deliver more than what the Railways currently offers even on executive and first-class coaches that are attached to trains like Shatabdi and Rajdhani.”
- The aircraft like facilities include an LCD entertainment screen which is fitted with every seat & passengers can play music & movies while enjoying personalised headphones.
Its prominent features include-
- Designer bio-toilets
- Diffused lighting
- Better ergonomics
- Passenger information display in the middle of the coach
- Divyang-friendly braille-integrated seat stickers
- More leg space.
Image Credit: Ministry Of Railway-Twitter