Date of Post: 27 Sep, 2018
Braithwaite & Co Ltd, a unit under the Ministry of Railways, aims to post Rs 10 crore net profit for the current fiscal on the back of strong order book, a top official said.
Braithwaite chairman and managing director Yatish Kumar said,”We are on strong revival path from slow track of operation since last few years. We are aiming for a net profit of about Rs 10 crore in 2018-19, up from Rs 3 crore in FY18.”
- He was speaking on the sidelines of a CII (Confederation of Indian Industry)-organised conference on manufacturing excellence in Kolkata.
- In the last few months several steps have been taken, which were yielding results and monthly turnover has trebled to Rs 36 crore, he said.
- Wagon repair activity has picked up of late and is expected to add Rs 100 crore to the topline in the current fiscal, he said.
- Recently, the PSU received 1,000 wagon repair orders from ECR *East Central Railways) and was trying for a long term contract in this regard.
- He said that the new wagon making capacity has also doubled to 80 per month and gradually it would go up to its optimum capacity of 200 wagons a month.
- Braithwaite’s total order book stands ar about Rs 600 crore.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .