Date of Post: 08 Nov, 2017
New Delhi: Swiss engineering group ABB will expand its traction transformer business in India to drive competitiveness. India’s expansion is aligned with growth in railways & metro network, the company said in a statement.
ABB Strategic Realignment
ABB has announced a strategic realignment of its global transformer manufacturing, engineering and service footprint to enhance competitiveness in a dynamic market environment marked by increasing competition & consolidation in the rail industry.
Supporting ‘Make in India’ initiative
- Its plans are also aimed at supporting the government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, The company said .
- Sanjeev Sharma, Managing Director, ABB India in a statement said,”With our traction transformers made in Vadodara we have provided best in class technology for the modernisation of the Indian transportation sector.”
- He added,”Our 1000th traction transformer went to the Lucknow metro project while the 800 new electric freight locomotives for India Railways will also be fitted with ABB ’s reliable and compact traction transformers supporting modernisation and economic development.”
ABB In India
- ABB ’s traction transformer factory is located in Maneja, Gujarat.
- It is the company’s oldest & biggest manufacturing location in the country.
- ABB has been supplying traction transformers to Indian Railways & metro rail since 1999.