Date Of Post: 12 May, 2018
It is a great moment for the country that in a few months the civil work on India’s longest road-railway bridge would be completed by July 2018 and it would be inaugurated by PM Modi .
- The length is around 4.94 km .
- It connects Dibrugarh in Assam to Pasighat in Arunachal Pradesh .
- The civil work of the bridge would be reportedly completed by July 2018.
- Further on , Another two months would be needed to complete other electrical and signalling work .
- Bogibeel bridge will also be the second longest bridge in Asia.
- It is 32 metres above the water level of the Brahmaputra .
- Though approved in 1996, construction of the bridge was initiated by the first BJP-led NDA government in 2002 & The Congress-led UPA government had declared it a national project in 2007.
Image Credit: Vikramjit Kakati
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .