Date Of Post: 12 May, 2018
It is a great moment for the country that in a few months the civil work on India’s longest road-railway bridge would be completed by July 2018 and it would be inaugurated by PM Modi .
- The length is around 4.94 km .
- It connects Dibrugarh in Assam to Pasighat in Arunachal Pradesh .
- The civil work of the bridge would be reportedly completed by July 2018.
- Further on , Another two months would be needed to complete other electrical and signalling work .
- Bogibeel bridge will also be the second longest bridge in Asia.
- It is 32 metres above the water level of the Brahmaputra .
- Though approved in 1996, construction of the bridge was initiated by the first BJP-led NDA government in 2002 & The Congress-led UPA government had declared it a national project in 2007.
Image Credit: Vikramjit Kakati
People Also Viewed :
- 27 January, 2018 India’s Longest Rail-cum-road Bogibeel Bridge To Be Inaugurated In June
- 8 May, 2018 Nagpur Metro Update : Civil work from Lokmanya Nagar (near Hingna) to Subhash Nagar progressing at a fast pace.
- 15 June, 2017 World’s Highest Rail Bridge Which Cost INR 1,250 Crore, Likely to be Ready by June 2019
- 30 March, 2018 Railways Decided To Eliminate All Unmanned Level Crossings On Broad Gauge (BG) Route in Next 2 Years
- 12 February, 2018 At Rs 332 Crore Three New Rail-over Bridges To Be developed At Yarpur, Bihiya & Khagaria In Bihar
- 19 March, 2018 Budget Allocation For Railways In Uttar Pradesh Increases To Rs 3,600 Crore This Year
- 19 July, 2017 Government Identified 10 Rail over Bridges For Construction In Rajasthan
- 16 November, 2017 Last Span Of India’s Longest Rail-cum-Road ‘Bogibeel Bridge’ Launched
- 14 December, 2017 Minister of State For Railways Rajen Gohain Inaugurates 25 Passenger Amenities Including- Foot over bridges, Escalator, Lifts & Solar Power Plants
- 20 November, 2017 Railways Approves The Design Prepared By Army For Construction Of Elphinstone Foot over-Bridge