Bangalore: BMRCL (Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.) has invited tenders for providing parking at 6 new Metro stations in the North-South corridor, indicating that Metro Phase 1 will soon become completely operational.
- BMRCL has specified the fee for different vehicles.
- One can also purchase a parking ticket for the whole day.
- Apart from the 6 new stations, parking spaces at Baiyappanahalli & Rajajinagar stations are also on the list.
- The Baiyappanahalli parking lot is the biggest with space for 270 cars & 500 bikes.
- National College (452 bikes and 54 cars) and Yelachenahalli (400 bikes and 58 cars) emerge next followed by Rajajinagar, Jayanagar, R V Road, J P Nagar & Banashankari.
- BMRCL has stipulated that the parking lots should be operational from 5 am to 11.30 pm on all days for Metro rail commuters.
- However, there will be no overnight parking.