Date of Post : 22 June, 2017
Bangalore: The BMRCL (Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited) calling for tenders to take up land & property survey along the proposed route from Nagawara to KIA.
BMRCL proposed 5 possible routes to KIA, & sought public opinion on the same. Subsequently, the Nagawara-Jakkur-Yelahanka line that runs parallel to Ballari Road was finalised for the Metro rail link.
More Information –
- The Survey is Estimated to cost Rs. 24.42 lakh.
- The implementing agency will have to complete the exercise, & submit its report within 6 months.
- Besides a topographical survey, the exercise will include a Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS) study in order to ensure accurate alignment of the link with improved location accuracy.
- Also, BMRCL has floated another tender inviting bids to take up geotechnical investigation, which includes surface & subsurface exploration, along the proposed route.
- The proposed link to the airport is an extension to the Gottigere-Nagawara line, work on which is under way that is being developed under Phase-II of the Namma Metro project.
- The deadline for the completion of the airport metro link project is 2020.