The Blue Line will soon become the second longest corridor of Delhi Metro after the Majlis Park – Shiv Vihar corridor (Pink Line) which is 59 kms long. Currently the 49.93 kms long Blue Line (Line-3) operates between Dwarka Sector 21 to Noida City Centre. Recently, initial test runs began on the 6.8km long section from Noida City Centre – Noida electronic City.
- After opening of this 6.8km section, the entire Blue Line will become 56.73 kms in length which will be the second longest corridor of Delhi Metro after the Majlis Park – Shiv Vihar corridor (Pink Line) which is 59 kms long.
- These trials are just preliminary and the Signalling trials will begin soon.
- This entirely elevated section will comprise of six metro stations namely- Sector 34, Sector 52, Sector 61, Sector 59, Sector 62 and Electronic City.
- During the trial runs, the interaction of the Metro train with physical infringements (civil structure) will be checked to ensure that there is no physical blockage during the movement of the train on the track.
- The entire signaling system will also undergo rigorous testing.
- In addition, the response of the train at different speeds, braking of the train and the interconnection with the Operations Control Centre (OCC) will also be monitored during the trials.
- The behavior of the track system and the Over Head Electrification (OHE) will be checked repeatedly during all the trials.
- This would be DMRC’s 3rd line in Noida after Noida Sector 15 – Noida City Centre and Botanical Garden – Kalindi Kunj.
- The Noida – Greater Noida Line of Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) is also going to be opened for the public.
- The opening of this corridor will reduce the travel time for people commuting from Delhi to Noida Sector 62, besides facilitating ease of commute and improving connectivity.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro-
26 Dec, 2018: Delhi Metro Yearender For 2018
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .