Date of Post: 15 oct, 2018
Rajkot: Bhumi Pujan for work of Redevelopment of Rajkot station was performed by Shri Mohanbhai Kundariya, MP on 13.10.2018 in presence of DRM, Rajkot Division Shri P B Ninawe, senior railway officers, staff and rail users. Rajkot Divisional Railway Manager Shri P.B. Ninawe said on this occasion that the total cost of this redevelopment work at Rajkot station will be around 12 crores.
- The parking area of the station will be increased and the facilities will be enhanced.
- Existing Waiting Hall, Waiting Room, Retiring Room, Toilet, Facilities will be improved.
- Executive Lounge will be built at Rajkot Station, which will also provide catering facilities.
- Steel benches will be installed to enhance the seating arrangement.
- Boundary wall and fencing will be used to prevent any unauthorized person from coming to the station.
- Beside this, standard signage and maps will be installed so that passengers can know what facilities are available at the station.
- The entire station will be illuminated with LED lights.
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .