Date of Post: 15 Nov, 2017
New Delhi: BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd) aims to double the share of non-power projects to its total business to 40% in 3-4 years. According to Amitabh Mathur, Director, the verticals that will receive focus will be solar, municipal water projects, defence, aerospace, metro & high-speed rail projects.
- Currently, power & associated businesses account for nearly 80% of its total revenue.
- The remaining comes from railways & other electrical products.
- To grow its topline, BHEL plans to go for turnkey projects in the non-power segments.
- Mathur said,“Instead of going in for only product sale, the revenue will be higher if we can handle the entire project like we do in the power segment.”
BHEL TO Float EoI For The Projects
- He said, BHEL is in the process of floating EoI (Expressions of Interest) for some of these projects on a PPP (public-private partnership) basis.
- “Say, for instance, in metro projects, we will not only make coaches but will also look at laying tracks, signalling etc. We do not have expertise so we will enter into tie-ups,” he said.
- The company is hopeful of bagging orders for the bullet train project proposed between Mumbai-Ahmedabad.