Date Of Post : 30 June, 2017
New Delhi: State-owned Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL), has entered into a technology collaboration agreement with Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. (KHI), Japan for the manufacture of stainless steel coaches for metros.
A company statement said, the Technology Collaboration Agreement was signed by Amitabh Mathur, Director (IS&P), BHEL & Makoto Ogawara, Senior Vice President, KHI and covers establishing a state-of-the-art design, engineering & manufacturing facilities at BHEL, India using Japanese technology.
- Also, the pact will entitle BHEL for all technology advances & upgrades.
- The pact will enable BHEL to produce stainless steel coaches indigenously.
About The Companies :
- BHEL has been supplying the Indian Railways (IR) both electric & diesel locomotives, EMUs, & propulsion system sets & drives for the same.
- Kolkata Metro, the first metro project in India, is equipped with BHEL made propulsion system.
- The statement said, KHI is a manufacturer of heavy equipment & its rolling stock company has supplied EMU trainsets to various countries like the US, Singapore, Taiwan & Hong Kong, alongside Japan.
- KHI, is also the manufacturer & supplier of the Shinkansen High Speed Bullet Trains, proposed to be introduced in India on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor.