Date of Post: 06 Nov, 2018
Mumbai: BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Ltd) has emerged as the lowest bidder for 378 metro coaches contract for Metro 2A, Metro 2B and Metro 7. The coaches are being procured by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) , the nodal agency for Metro 2A (Dahisar to D.N. Nagar), Metro 2B (D.N. Nagar to Mandale) and Metro 7 (Andheri East to Dahisar East).
- The lowest cost is around Rs 8 crore per rake submitted by the BEML.
- MMRDA had anticipated a contract cost of around Rs 3,900 crore for 378 coaches but the lowest bidder quoted lower than the agency’s estimated.
- Mr R.A. Rajeev, metropolitan commissioner of MMRDA said, “The scrutiny by DMRC and ADB (Asian Development Bank) is yet to be done, after which only the lowest bidder can be declared and work order can be placed.”
- He further said, “This may take another week or so.”
- 7 companies had participated in the bidding process, including-
- Bharat Earth Movers Ltd
- Titagarh Wagons and Titagarh Firema
- Alstom Transport India and Alstom SA
- Bombardier India & Bombardier Germany
- CAF India & CAF Spain
- Hyundai Rotem (Korea)
- CRRC Corporation Ltd
- The contractor who wins the bid will be responsible for providing 378 coaches (63 trains of 6 coaches each) for the 3 metro lines.
- The entire bidding process has been carried out adhering to the norms set by the Asian Development Bank who are funding the projects.
- The coaches will have features to enable comfortable travel by differently abled/senior citizens as well as lady passengers.
- Further, the coaches will be air-conditioned, energy friendly with regenerative braking system, equipped with CCTV security surveillance for passenger security and real time track monitoring facility to ensure safety.
- The trains will work on latest CBTC signaling technology system and metro platforms will have platform screen door for safety of passengers.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .