Date of Post : 01 July, 2017
Bangalore: On Friday, BBMP & BMRCL mutually agreed to share cost to build an integrated flyover & metro track from Ragigudda temple in Jayanagar 9th block to Silk Board junction. The total project costs Rs 800 crore (approx US$ 123.08 Million). BMRCL has already awarded the contract for the work to hit the ground soon.
The flyover was announced in the state budget of 2016-17.
- * It will be a 4 lane road covering roughly 4km between the 2 points on the ring road in south Bengaluru & is estimated to be worth Rs 330 crores (approx US$ 50.77 Million).
- “Out of the total cost for building the elevated road, BBMP has agreed to pay Rs 100 crore (approx US$ 15.38 Million) to BMRCL and the latter will execute the entire project,” N Manjunath Prasad, BBMP Commissioner said.
- The new elevated road will serve as a deck for the upcoming interchange stations at both these traffic junctions like a ‘road cum rail’ flyover.
- Pradeep Singh Kharola, MD, BMRCL, said,”The work has already been awarded for the RV Road—Silk Board part of the 19 km route and work will have to be complete in 27 months. The total cost of the road cum rail flyover will be Rs 800 crores (approx US$ 123.08 Million).”
- Already, 2 other packages have been awarded on the RV road-Bommasandra line (19 km), between Silk Board and Hosa road & from Electronic City-1 to Bommasandra to expedite the project and complete by 2020 deadline.
- The 17 km long ORR (Outer Ring Road) metro line proposed to be an extended part of the phase-II of metro project, connects Silk Board junction with KR Puram & RV Road-Bommasandra line.
- There will be 2 tracks – one each towards Electronic City and KR Puram & have one station each to serve towards the different corridors.
- This has lessened the land acquisition at Silk Board — 2 acres.