Date of Post: 02 Mar 2019
L&T has been awarded 2 of the 4 packages of the tunneling section of Bangalore metro .
- The Vellara-Shivajinagar package will be built at a cost of Rs 1,329.14 crore .
- The cost of Shivajinagar-Tannery Road has been finalised at Rs 1,299 crore.
- The agreement was finalised on Thursday .
- The contractor will have 42-month deadline from the day of issue of the letter of interest.He has to make preliminary studies and mobilise the resources for the execution of the project.” official said .
- The remaining two packages’ tender submission is due at -Dairy Circle to Langford Town and Tannery Road to Nagawara. It may take 5 months for awarding the contract, , according to sources .
The underground section poses a big challenge as unpredictable rock formation and other geological conditions make the work difficult.
To know more about recent developments of Metro –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )