Date of Post: 03 Oct, 2018
Bangalore: The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) will operate one more 6-coach metro train from Thursday. The BMRCL will put into operation its second 6-coach Metro train on the Purple line. The set of 3 coaches, to be attached to an existing metro train, was delivered by the BEML in the first week of September.
- The 6-coach metro trains have a capacity of 2000 passengers.
- Of the 6-coaches , the first coach is reserved for women.
- The BMRCL had announced that by June 2019 all the existing 3-coach trains will be integrated to 6-coach ones.
- Metro’s ridership has increased gradually ever since commercial operations began on the entire phase-1.
- On August 20, the ridership crossed 4.28 lakh.
- The number of commuters will increase as more 6-coach metro trains get operational, officials said.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .