Date of Post: 23 Nov, 2018
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy on Thursday flagged off the third 6-coach train of Namma Metro from Dr B.R Ambedkar station (Vidhana Soudha) to Baiyappanahalli. The train would be deployed on the Purple Line (Baiyappannahalli-Mysuru Road) during peak morning and evening hours.
- The first 6-car was launched on June 22 this year and the second one on October 4.
- The 6-car train can carry nearly 2,000 commuters.
- The carrying capacity of the 3-car trains is around 950 commuters.
- The BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Limited) had promised to supply enough cars for the conversion of 25 trains by March next year, BMRCL (Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.) Managing Director Ajay Seth said.
- The daily ridership of the metro line has been increasing after the introduction of each 6-car train.
- He said,“We plan to introduce one such train on the Green Line next month.”
- While the average ridership has crossed 3.6 lakh per day, the festive rush last month, saw the number reaching 4.36 lakh.
To know more about recent developments of Bangalore Metro –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .