Date of Post: 05 Oct, 2018
Bangalore: State Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy, on Thursday, flagged off the second 6-coach Metro train from the Kempegowda Metro station. The CM also inaugurated a 100 metre Foot Over Bridge built at a cost of Rs 1.4 crore connecting the KG station with the KSRTC and BMTC bus terminals. BMRCL will operate this 6-coach metro train, on the Purple Line (Baiyappanahalli to Mysuru Road).
- The 6-coach metro trains have a capacity of 2000 passengers.
- Of the 6-coaches , the first coach is reserved for women.
- BMRCL will now run 4 trips in each direction from Baiyappanahalli and Mysuru Road by 6 coaches during peak hours.
- The BMRCL had announced that by June 2019 all the existing 3-coach trains will be integrated to 6-coach ones.
- Metro’s ridership has increased gradually ever since commercial operations began on the entire phase-1.
- On August 20, the ridership crossed 4.28 lakh.
- The number of commuters will increase as more 6-coach metro trains get operational, officials said.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .