Date Of Post: 17 Feb, 2018
Bangalore: Besides proposing a hike in allocations to ongoing Phase 2 of Bangalore Metro, the state budget announced that the BMRCL (Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.) will prepare Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the 105-km Phase 3 of Metro.
BMRCL has identified 7 potential routes for the Phase 3 project-
- J P Nagar to K R Puram via Hebbal
- Magadi Road Toll Gate to Kadabagere
- Gottigere to Basavapura
- R K Hegde Nagar to Aerospace Park
- Kogilu Cross to Rajanukunte
- Bommasandra to Attibele
- Iblur to Carmelaram
- Phase 3 would take the total length of metro network in the city to a whopping 266 km.
- Deadline & estimated cost of the project would be revealed after the preparation of the DPR, BMRCL officials said.
- “We have identified these potential routes based on a pre-feasibility study. We will finalise viable routes for Phase 3 after the preparation of DPR,” Mahendra Jain, MD, BMRCL said.
Image Credit: Prashanth.Nagabhushan – Flickr