Date Of Post: 18 June, 2018
Bangalore: Commercial operations of the 6-coach Namma Metro train will begin this Friday, as the BMRCL (Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited) has got clearance from the Railway Board. The train will be operated on the Purple Line (Baiyappanahalli to Mysuru Road), Mahendra Jain, Managing Director, BMRCL said.
- The 6 coach train is expected to bring huge relief to lakhs of passengers, especially during the peak hours.
- The carrying capacity of the extended train is close to 2,000 passengers and it can be operated at a speed of 80 kmph.
- He said, the first coach will be reserved for women, as promised before.
- The BMRCL had, earlier this year, reserved the first 2 entrances of the first coach for women.
- “This is the first six-coach train we are operating. We have tentatively fixed Friday as the date to operate the train. We are in the process of completing the required modalities before Friday. Getting clearance from the Railway Board is a big booster. By June 2019, the entire fleet will be integrated to six-coach trains.”
- The BMRCL received 3 coaches from BEML Ltd. in February, and had approached the Commissioner of Rail Safety (CRS) seeking clearance in April after various levels of tests.
Image Credit: BMRCL
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .