Date Of Post: 21 Nov, 2017
BENGALURU: In March 2017, With the funding from Agence Francaise de Developpement (AFD), BEML had won the contract Worth Rs 1,421-crore to supply 150 metro coaches so as to convert Bangalore Metro trains to 6 coaches.
BEML is now going to supply its first set of 3 coaches to Bangalore Metro in December 2017.
Ever since the commissioning of the entire Phase-I, BMRCL has been receiving the representations for the introduction of 6 coaches trains with a separate compartment for ‘Ladies’.
BMRCL’s Managing Director Said
- Bharat Earth Movers Ltd (BEML) was on course to deliver the first set of Metro cars (three units) by December this year.
- One car will be earmarked for women.
- By December 2018, all our existing trains will run with six cars.
The first set of coaches to be delivered were being built using existing spares that BMRCL possessed, said a Metro sources.
- When the conversion is done, each train of Bangalore will carry up to 1850 commuters.
- Currently, maximum 975 commuters can be accommodated in a train.