Date of Post : 22 Aug, 2017
Bangalore: Bangalore Development Minister K G George along with top Metro officials reviewed the status of land acquisition of the Nagawara-Gottigere line of Metro Phase-II & the extension of the Kempegowda International Airport line.
The meeting was in connection with the land acquisition for construction of the underground Arabic College Metro station on Nagawara Road.
- Channappa Goudar, general manager, land acquisitions, BMRCL, said,“A total of 40 houses built on one acre of land are required for the underground station. 16 houses awarded by BDA to the Economically Weaker Sections are also required.”
- He added,“BDA has assured they would give us the land in a location nearby and we would construct houses and hand them over to those whose houses we will acquire.”
- “We have built similar houses in Peenya and Srikantakaval and handed over to those whose properties were acquired. It will be a similar process,” another senior official said.
- The rehabilitation process for 16 houses in Sri Basavalingappa Nagar which needed to be acquired to construct an underground station were discussed, George said.
- He said,“Since the area fell under my constituency, I wanted to know how they would be rehabilitated.”
- Work is expected to commence in December & the completion deadline is 2020-end.