Date of Post: 30 Jan,
Aurionpro Solutions has implemented the Automated Fare Collection (AFC) system based on the open loop ticketing concept for the Noida Metro Project. Now, commuters can purchase a QR-code ticket, RuPay contactless smart card or use Mobile ticketing application to use and pay for the ride.
- Aurionpro has provided this new concept in this field of ticketing for AFC where card issued by State Bank of India (SBI) & Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) can be utilised not only for ticketing but for all kinds of purchases as it is EMV/RuPay standard.
- The AFC installation was implemented under a PPP (Public Private Partnership) between a consortium of SBI, SC Soft & Aurionpro and the NMRC to promote smart transportation and smart mobility in India.
- Aurionpro, being the lead technology partner, completed this prestigious project in a record time of nine months reinforcing its strength in acquisition and implementation of multiple projects going forward.
- By bringing the QR-code-based ticketing to India for the first time, in Noida Metro project, AFC will prove to be cost effective for the Metro in comparison to the traditional token-based system presently installed across metros.
- Riders need not buy multiple tickets or cards for various modes of transport enhancing the ease of commuting with time, convenience and cost-effectiveness.
- With this new technology NMRC will save on cost.
- In addition, it’s very easy to maintain and support.
- “We are extremely happy to have been an integral part of implementing the AFC system in the Noida metro. It will enable ease of access through cashless
transactions. In the times to come, this QR-code-based payment forms will also be adapted on digital platforms, ultimately making way for paperless ticketing,”
Mr. Paresh Zaveri, Chairman and Managing Director, Aurionpro said.
To know more about recent developments of Noida Metro –
28 Jan, 2019: Noida-Greater Noida Metro ‘Aqua Line’ open for public
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )