Date of Post: 29 June, 2018
Hyderabad: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will fund infrastructure projects in the city. Officials from ADB met the Chief Secretary S.K. Joshi and principal secretary, MAUD, Arvind Kumar, to discuss ways to extend financial assistance to various infrastructure projects in city including Metro Rail.
- The officials expressed the ADB’s willingness to fund the Strategic Road Development Programme to construct new flyovers, multi-grade separators, the phase-2 of Metro Rail etc.
- GHMC (Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation) Mayor Bonthu Rammohan, during his recent visit to Delhi, had submitted proposals to ADB seeking funding for various infra projects in Hyderabad.
- A team of ADB officials visited the city and met officials to take these proposals forward.
- Kshatrapati Shivaji, ADB, Executive Director and senior country specialist, Rajeev Singh, discussed the infrastructure projects being planned in the city and the amount required to execute these projects.
- The preliminary talks were encouraging and the government will soon approach ADB with DPRs (Detailed Project Reports) of various infra projects to seek funds, Arvind Kumar said.
- The 30 km long stretch from Miyapur to Nagole, with 24 metro stations, was inaugurated on 28 November 2017 by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Phase I of the project includes 3 lines covering a distance of around 71.2 km.
- The 3 corridors to be taken up in phase-I are as under.
- Corridor I: Miyapur – LB Nagar : 29 kms; 27 stations.
- Corridor II: JBS – Falaknuma : 15 kms; 15 stations.
- Corridor III: Nagole – Raidurg : 28 kms; 24 stations.
- The Government is planning second phase of metro rail extending further.
- The DMRC has been entrusted with the task of preparing DPR (Detailed Project Report) of the Metro Phase II.
- The detailed project report (DPR) for the Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited Phase-II, is likely to be ready by August.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information