Date of Post: 25 Nov, 2017
Mumbai: Engineers from the Indian Army have started work on three FOBs (foot-overbridges) at suburban stations in Mumbai after the Railways gave necessary approvals, a senior official said.
Army Engineers Begins Work For FOBs
- The Railway official, said, the Army engineers have begun piling & foundation work for FOBs at Elphinstone Road on the Western Railway, & Currey Road & Ambivli on the Central Railway after obtaining necessary approvals from the transport PSU.
- The permission from the CRS (Commissioner of Railway Safety) for the FOB at Elphinstone Road was expected “any moment”, the official said.
- The General Arrangement Drawing (GAD) of the Elphinstone Road FOB was submitted by the Army engineers, he said.
Railways Set Jan 31 Deadline To Construct 3 FOBs
- The Railways & Army have jointly set January 31, 2018 as the deadline to construct the three FOBs.
- The under-construction bridge at Elphinstone is an extension of the current north-end FOB at Parel station & will land at the west side of the Elphinstone Road station.
- Officials said, it is estimated to cost worth Rs 11 crore.