Date Of Post : 03 Feb, 2018
Noida: Another test run of the Aqua line on the Noida-Greater Noida corridor held on Friday. The train, this time, travelled till Alpha-II station from the depot station. The 4 coach train covered around 2.5km distance at a speed of 35 kmph during the ‘internal’ trial, according to officials of NMRC (Noida Metro Rail Corporation).
- P D Upadhyay, general manager (finance), NMRC said,”It was the first time that the train has been tested outside the depot yard, where trials were being conducted since January 2.”
- He said,”On Friday afternoon, the train travelled from the depot (yard) and crossed three stations including depot station, Delta-I station and Alpha-II station before it returned to the depot.”
- He said,”All went well with the extended trial. In the next few days, we will be ready to take the train further along the track.”
- Once they receive complete power supply for the trial run, they will take the trial up to Sector 149 in Noida, he said.
- Upadhyay said,”Presently, we are using an alternative source of power supply from the depot. This temporary 30 megawatt power is being provided by discom, RC Green. Once we have full power from the sub-station located at Sector 148, oscillation trial will be undertaken from February 15.
Image Credit: Edmund Gall – Wikimedia Commons