Date of Post : 19 Aug, 2017
NAGPUR: Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation is executing the biggest ‘concrete pour’ at Zero Mile Station. This is another milestone achieved by MMRC in the history of Nagpur.
Features of Zero Mile Station
- Plot Area : 12000 sq.mtr with 2 basements + Ground floor + 19 upper floors
- The total foundation area is 5400 sq.mtr, to be casted in 6 parts.
- Parking Space : 250 car parking at basement level
- Escalators & Lifts : 8 Escalators and 10 lifts
- The platform shall be at 5th level with commercial activities below platform. Sixteen floors have been planned above platform.
- The station is at the prime location and is an iconic station.
- This project has a highlight of glimpses such as connectivity to heritage walk, Hotels, Restaurants, commercial places, offices, Banquet hall, etc.
Concrete Pour at Zero Mile Station
- From Today, the concreting of the first part of area is started and 26 transit mixers have been engaged to transport the concrete.
- This is heaviest concrete pour planned by any infrastructure project in Nagpur.
- M/s ENIA of France and ITD cementation India Private ltd is executing the work, under supervision of General Consultant to Nagpur Metro Rail Project.
- Approximately 2600 cubic meters concrete and 650 MT reinforcement for basement 2, to take 2-3 days of continuous pouring
Nagpur Metro project is on a fast pace now and the people of Nagpur will soon enjoy the metro ride.
Nagpur Metro Progress for August 2017-
Aug 16 – Nagpur Metro Traction Substation inaugurated by Hon. Brijesh Dixit, MD Maha Metro
Aug 14 – Maha Metro & City Police decided to make the CCTV footages of the stations available to the cops on real time basis
Aug 12 – Nagpur Metro rail is all set to begin its Trial Run in this month between Mihan Depot to Airport South Metro Station
Aug 09 – A 2 days workshop on Enhancing the Accessibility, connectivity and Impact of Nagpur Metro is being conducted
Aug 05 – Nagpur Metro trial run process begins
Aug 03 – Nagpur receives Metro coaches for trial run