Date of Post: 24 Sep, 2018
Hyderabad: Hyderabad Metro Rail is all set to start services on a 16-km stretch between Ameerpet to L B Nagar from Today, making the entire Corridor-1 phase operational. The Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana E S L Narasimhan will flag off the Metro train at Ameerpet station at 12 noon.
- The CMRS (Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety) has issued the safety certificate for passenger operations on this stretch after testing & commissioning.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) Managing Director N V S Reddy, said,”This is a 16 km stretch with 16 stations. With this, the entire 29 km of Corridor-I from Miyapur to LB Nagar will be operational.”
- In November last year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated the 30 km Miyapur-Nagole stretch out of the 72 km long elevated Hyderabad Metro Rail project.
- There are 24 stations in the operational 30 km line.
- Reddy said,”With its operation on Ameerpet to L B Nagar route, the Metro will be 46 km, the second largest in the country, next only to Delhi.”
- Reddy said that the 10 km Ameerpet-Hi-Tec city line will be open from December, while services between Jubilee Bus Station and MGBS (10 km) will be launched mid 2019.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro-
05 Sep, 2018 : Hyderabad Metro Rail Patronage Touches 20 Million
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .