Date of Post: 14 Nov, 2018
Hyderabad: A 10 km metro rail stretch from Ameerpet to Hi-Tec City will be open by December end this year. Metro rail works is going as per schedule and before the end of December this year we will start the Ameerpet to Hi-Tec City line.
- After the opening of a 16-km stretch from Ameerpet to LB Nagar in September this year, Hyderabad Metro Rail is covering 46 km and has become India’s 2nd largest Metro Rail network, next only to Delhi.
- The Hyderabad Metro Rail project has been adjudged the “Best Urban Mass Transit Project” by the Centre.
- The award of Excellence was given to him and L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited MD KVB Reddy jointly at the time of the Urban Mobility India Conference, which was held in Nagpur.
- According to NVS Reddy, Managing Director, HMRL (Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited), the Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has appreciated the “unique” features of Hyderabad Metro project and said it was an outstanding project with lot of engineering and financial innovations.
- “Hyderabad Metro Rail has emerged as a successful example of Public-Private Partnership initiative. It is an urban redesign and rejuvenation effort to transform the city into a people-friendly green environment. Robust structural design, land pooling and other modes of revenue generation are other noteworthy features of the project, reads the citation of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs,” he also said.
- Reddy said, after the launch of metro services to the Hi-Tec City station, monthly passes will be introduced and some concessions are also provided for the convenience of passengers.
To know more about recent developments of Hyderabad Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .