Date of Post : 05 July, 2017
The Ministry of Railways has planned a Rs 100 Crore makeover for Allahabad railway station before ardh kumbh 2019. The station would have a skywalk, a first for a railway station in UP, which would connect all the foot overbridges (FoBs), existing and new, at the station.
About Allahabad Railway Station & Its Features:
- The Skywalk would have passengers moving from one FoB to another. It would cut down congestion on the platform area.
- The work for the SkyWalk would cost around Rs 31 crore. Tendering for the work sanctioned has started.
- For better crowd management and upgrading passenger amenities works have been sanctioned under six broadheads.
- The station would also have a building with a basement for multilevel parking.
- A pilgrim centre would also be there at the station in every direction, as shelters for devotees coming from different directions
- The estimated cost of the work of Pilgrim Centre is about Rs 25cr.
- The station would also have passenger enclosures for better crowd management.
- Besides, a 11th platform is already coming up.
- To cut down congestion at the main station, Railways is developing five terminals, each at Allahabad city, Subedarganj, Chheoki, Prayag and Prayag ghat stations.
- Development of Naini station is also being taken up.
- To meet the water requirements, construction of 1 lakh gallon capacity RCC overhead tank and construction of three deep tube wells along with pump house is also underway.