Date of Post: 20 Dec, 2018
Hyderabad: The railways has set a target for the construction of the 17.2-km rail line between Akkannapet to Medak by March 2019. From 2014-15, the railways had allocated Rs 169 crore for the line, and Rs 122.27 crore in 2018-19. The work is being monitored by the Prime Minister’s Office, a railway official said.
- The state will bear 50% of the project cost.
- Besides, the state government gave land free of cost.
- 3 major bridges, a road over bridge, 35 minor bridges and 15 road under bridges and 3 railway stations are part of this line project.
- The project was sanctioned in 2012-13 at an estimated cost of Rs 1,17.72 crore.
- Akkannapet will become a junction on the Secunderabad-Mudkhed line with a main line and a loop line, and another loop line is proposed to connect to the Medak line.
- Medak will have a terminal station with a main line, a passenger loop line and a goods loading/unloading line.
- Lakshmapur will be a crossing station with one main line and two loop lines.
- Shamanapur will be a new halt.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .