Date of Post: 15 oct, 2018
Ahmedabad: The metro rail route of the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar metro project will be extended to Gandhinagar in Phase-2. In first phase, which is estimated to cost Rs 10,773 crore, the metro will connect suburbs in Ahmedabad along east-west and north-south axis.
- The first trial run of the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar metro rail project will take place in the first week of January next year on a 6.5 km stretch, called as “priority reach”, between Vastral and Apparel Park.
- This stretch is the part of the 20.73km long East-West Corridor of the Metro Rail Project.
- The entire project will be ‘up and running’ by 2020.
- For the first 5 years, each train will have 3 coaches with the capacity to ferry a total of 1,000 commuters, though the metro stations have been built for 6-coach trains, Managing Director of the project I P Gautam recently said.
- The Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Metro Rail Project is being implemented by a state owned company, MEGA (Metro Link Express for Gandhinagar & Ahmedabad).
To know more about recent developments of Ahmedabad Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .