Date of Post : 08 October, 2018
Ahmedabad: The first trial run of the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar metro rail project will take place in the first week of January next year on a 6.5 km stretch within the city, state Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said on Saturday. He was speaking after unveiling the mock-up coach of the metro.
- A government release quoted him as saying that the first trial run will be carried out in the first week of January on the 6.5 km stretch between Vastral and Apparel Park.
- The entire project will be ‘up and running’ by 2020, the release stated.
- Managing Director of the project I P Gautam said, for the first 5 years, each train will have 3 coaches with the capacity to ferry a total of 1,000 commuters, though the metro stations have been built for 6-coach trains.
- The Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Metro Rail Project is being implemented by a state owned company, MEGA (Metro Link Express for Gandhinagar & Ahmedabad).
- In first phase, which is estimated to cost Rs 10,773 crore, the metro will connect suburbs in Ahmedabad along east-west and north-south axis.
- The metro rail route will be extended to Gandhinagar in Phase-2.
To know more about recent developments of Ahmedabad Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .