Date of Post: 08 Dec, 2018
Ahmedabad: The first train of 3 coaches for Ahmedabad Metro Rail project have been shipped out from South Korea and will be reaching Mundra port by December 31, according to reports. A test run is expected later in the same month.
- “The first train will reach the Apparel Park depot by 2 January, 2019. We will take about 10 days to assemble it and conduct some tests. It will be ready for a trial run before or during the Vibrant Gujarat summit,” IP Gautam, Managing Director of MEGA (Metro-Link Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad Company Ltd), qouted as saying in the report.
- A South Korean firm that won the Rs 1,025 crore contract will supply a total of 32 trains (36 coaches) for phase-I of the project, The Indian Express reported.
- The first trial run of the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar metro rail project will take place on the 6.5 km stretch between Vastral and Apparel Park.
- The stretch is the part of the 20.73km long East-West Corridor of the Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project that proposes to connect Vastral area in east Ahmedabad with the western suburb of Thaltej.
- The entire project will be ‘up and running’ by 2020.
- In first phase, which is estimated to cost Rs 10,773 crore, the metro will connect suburbs in Ahmedabad along east-west and north-south axis.
All image credit: Avinash Nair
To know more about recent developments of Ahmedabad Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .