Date of Post: 17 Aug, 2018
Ahmedabad: The fourth TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) has been launched for Underground section of the Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project. The Launching was done near Kalupur, where the proposed integration of Bullet Train, Metro and Railway has been planned considering upcoming future infrastructure as it will become an important public transport hub.
Progress so far of the Ahmedabad Metro rail Project:
- At Apparel Park depot, work is nearly completed and will be ready for operations by first week of October 2018.
- In the North-South reach, work has started from both ends and viaduct has been completed in nearly 5 km stretch.
- The RCC works of 3 stations is also at an advanced stage.
- In the Western Reach, more than 2 km of viaduct has been completed and another 2 km is at advanced stage where launching work is in progress.
- A bridge is being constructed parallel to Gandhi Bridge from where elevated viaduct will go underground near Shahpur after crossing the river.
- 3 TBMs have so far bored nearly 0.6 km of tunnel.
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .